One-day printmaking workshop with Silvi Glattauer for teachers and students
Baldessin Press offers tailored professional development for groups of teachers and students. These workshops provide the perfect opportunity for an immersive teaching experience in our professional and fully equipped printmaking studio.
Explore and learn the use of photopolymer printing plates in combination with digital photography to create etchings. Silvi uses a completely non toxic approach without the use of solvents or acids. In this workshop the group will transfer images directly onto the plate with the use of an inkjet printer. Plates are then exposed using UV light, processed with water and finally printed via an etching press. This workshop combines both handmade and digital techniques, offering a unique and engaging creative experience. All equipment and materials are supplied.
Teachers Professional Development Workshop
Outcomes for teachers:
- Skills and information on setting up a non-toxic, user friendly environment for etching techniques that can be easily applied in the classroom with students of all year levels.
- An appreciation of the hybridisation of digital techniques and handmade printing
- First-hand experience in plate making processes
- First-hand experience in printmaking processes, including ink and paper options, setting up the etching press, colour options with roll ups and digital chine colle.
- Extensive technical notes & digital resources (provided to all participants)
Personal (full day) – $750
Two participants (full day) – $550 each
Three participants (full day) – $450 each
Four-eight participants (full day) – $280 each
Visual Art Student & Teacher Workshop
Outcomes for students:
- Demonstration of plate making process
- Demonstrations and discussions of printmaking processes, including inks and paper options, colour options with roll ups and digital chine colle.
- an appreciation of the hybridisation of digital techniques and handmade printing
- Participants will have the opportunity to print from a pre-prepared A5 plate. (There is no plate making during this workshop).
Six-hour workshop, including discussion and demonstrations, followed by hands-on printing by students.
Min 8 students – max 20 students (with one or two accompanying teachers)
$120 per head (includes materials)